This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best audiophile headphones . We would recommend using Sennheiser HD 560 S Over-The-Ear Audiophile Headphones – Neutral Frequency Response, E.A.R. Technology for Wide Sound Field, Open-Back Earcups, Detachable Cable, (Black) (HD 560S) as it is our top pick for you
Top 9 best audiophile headphones review:
Sennheiser HD 560 S Over-The-Ear Audiophile Headphones - Neutral Frequency Response, E.A.R. Technology for Wide Sound Field, Open-Back Earcups, Detachable Cable, (Black) (HD 560S)
6 used from $184.95
- Natural and accurate reference sound that reveals the truth in your music
- Lifelike depth and realism from open-back earcups that allow sound waves to expand naturally
- Wide soundstage from ergonomic acoustic refinement (e.a.r.) that tilts the drivers to the natural angle of your ears
- Extended low-end reach with gratifying presence for clear bass performance
- Connectivity technology: Wired
SENNHEISER HD 599 Open Back Headphone, Ivory
4 used from $169.99
- Premium, around-ear, open back headphones: Audiophile sound combined with premium design and materials
- Padded headband and luxurious velour covered ear pads perfect for long listening sessions with no pressure on the ears
- Multiple connectivity options: Robust 3 meter detachable cable and 6.3 millimeter jack and additional 1.2 meter detachable cable with 3.5 millimeter Jack
- Timeless design cues: Ivory color, matte finish together with the brown headband stitching and matte metallic detail convey quality at first glance
- Premium Components: Sennheiser engineered transducers use aluminum voice coils delivering high efficiency, excellent dynamics and extremely low distortion
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones Black
9 used from $69.99
- 53 mm drivers reproduce clear treble and midrange. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Bobbin-wound CCAW voice coils for superior power handling. Impedance: 38 ohms
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW . Full open-air type headphones produce no sense of pressure on the ears, resulting in a completely natural sensation
- Lightweight aluminum honeycomb casing with excellent acoustic properties
- Self-adjusting 3D Wing Support provides a comfortable listening experience; total ear-fit design minimizes pressure. Maximum Input Power: 700 mW
SENNHEISER HD 660 S - HiRes Audiophile Open Back Headphone
9 used from $349.99
- Reference class open back, dynamic headphone employing new and improved transducers delivering low harmonic distortion
- Transducers are hand selected for precise (1 dB) left / right matching tolerance insure exceptional accuracy and presentation of stereo spatial characteristics
- 150 ohm nominal impedance allows direct connection to home and mobile Hires audio devices. Contact pressure: 6.0 N - 1 N
- Para aramid reinforced, detachable cables employ high conductive OFC copper to insure signal integrity with very low handling noise
- Supplied with two connection cables: One with a 6.35 millimeter stereo plug, the other a 4.4 millimeter Pentaconn balanced stereo plug. Also included is a 6.35 millimeter to 3.5 millimeter adaptor. Connectivity Technology: Wired 6.35 millimeter / 4.4 millimeter Pentaconn
Master & Dynamic MH40 Over-Ear Headphones with Wire - Noise Isolating with Mic Recording Studio Headphones with Superior Sound
1 used from $138.99
- First-rate quality: Master & dynamic has a passion for creating technically sophisticated sound. These premium headphones are built with only the finest materials and high-performance drivers.
- Perfectly tuned: The MH40 is tuned for a rich, warm sound that offers a natural sound signature. Capturing every detail of well-recorded music, This over-ear headset enhances any musical genre.
- Premium materials: beautifully designed using luxury materials to ensure decades of use, these comfortable headphones are made of aluminum, stainless steel, cowhide and lambskin Leathers.
- Crafted by the industry leader: these award-winning, Premium headphones come positively reviewed and highly praised by fellow industry leaders for both sound and build quality.
- Cable- Detachable 1.25m Cable with Remote and Mic. 2.00m Standard Cable
SENNHEISER HD 820 Over-the-Ear Audiophile Reference Headphones - Ring Radiator Drivers with Glass Reflector Technology, Sound Isolating Closed Earcups, Includes Balanced Cable, 2-Year Warranty (Black)
- The HD 820 delivers an unparalleled, reference-grade audiophile listening experience in a closed headphone
- Innovative glass reflectors and frequency absorber systems replicate the wide open characteristics of audiophile speakers in a sealed earcup design
- 56mm Ring Radiator transducers and Glass Reflectors provide total immersion in your music with absolute detail and a breathtaking soundstage
- Made in Germany using the finest materials for sound integrity, build quality, and luxurious comfort
- Connectivity technology: Wired
Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers for Clear Highs and Extended Bass, Built for Professional Audio/Sound Engineers, Musicians and Audiophiles (SRH1540-BK)
- 40 mm neodymium drivers deliver superior acoustic performance for an expansive soundstage with clear, extended highs and warm bass
- Diaphragm developed with APTIV Film for improved linearity and lower THD (total harmonic distortion)
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Lightweight construction features aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and carbon fiber cap for enhanced durability
- Steel driver frame with vented center pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels
beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones in Gray. Enclosed design, wired for professional recording and monitoring
4 used from $132.49
- Closed over-ear headphones, ideal for professional recording and monitoring
- Perfect for studio and stage recordings thanks to their pure, high-resolution sound
- The soft, circumaural and replaceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship Made in Germany. Innovative bass reflex system
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m cable) . Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Open-Air Headphone 50mm Drivers- Black
5 used from $111.44
- Hi-res Audio Certified with extended response frequencies
- Engineered double layered ear-shells with pre-tilted speaker plates
- 50 mm high definition neodymium drivers with LMC diaphragm
- Acoustic open-back architecture
- Replaceable deluxe memory foam ear-pads with breathable velour finishing
The popular audiophile headphones brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the audiophile headphones from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the audiophile headphones I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
5 Things You need to consider when choosing the audiophile headphones in 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a audiophile headphones. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a audiophile headphones. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your audiophile headphones and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most audiophile headphoness fall within the price range of $ 199.95 to $ 499. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Sennheiser HD 560 S Over-The-Ear Audiophile Headphones – Neutral Frequency Response, E.A.R. Technology for Wide Sound Field, Open-Back Earcups, Detachable Cable, (Black) (HD 560S).
If you want something medium range, choose SENNHEISER HD 660 S – HiRes Audiophile Open Back Headphone. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers for Clear Highs and Extended Bass, Built for Professional Audio/Sound Engineers, Musicians and Audiophiles (SRH1540-BK)
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the audiophile headphones you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers for Clear Highs and Extended Bass, Built for Professional Audio/Sound Engineers, Musicians and Audiophiles (SRH1540-BK)
3. The brand
Buying the audiophile headphones from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your audiophile headphones to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a audiophile headphones from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best audiophile headphones?
The best audiophile headphones is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Sennheiser HD 560 S Over-The-Ear Audiophile Headphones – Neutral Frequency Response, E.A.R. Technology for Wide Sound Field, Open-Back Earcups, Detachable Cable, (Black) (HD 560S)
Are there any good deals on audiophile headphones?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best dual visor jet helmet and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest audiophile headphones?
Although most of the cheaper dual visor jet helmets do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers for Clear Highs and Extended Bass, Built for Professional Audio/Sound Engineers, Musicians and Audiophiles (SRH1540-BK)
Where can I buy the audiophile headphones?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best audiophile headphones
We hope you liked the audiophile headphoness that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,